Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The reading year

I read 57 books in 2011, mostly fiction, but surprisingly I increased my non-fiction reading to 6 titles. I also read a lot of poetry but since I dipped into many books to find just the right poems I did not record the titles. I'm sure that the poems I read would add up to 2 books full so that I can claim consistency with my 2010 reading total of 59 books.




An assessment of various reading blogs shows that most include a list of titles read even though titles reviewed are fewer - look out for a new addition to this blog page this year.



Some of the poems I have really appreciated recently come from the following books:


Fiere by Jackie Kay
How to survive the morning: new poems by Kevin Ireland
Mirabile dictu by Michele Leggott










The book that lead me into more poetry reading this past year is by Paula Green and Harry Ricketts and is well worth dipping into; I haven't yet managed all the suggested 99 ways into New Zealand poetry








No comments:

Post a Comment